It can be tricky to recognise an expert in carbon footprinting as there are no formal qualifications available. However, when looking for an expert we would suggest asking the following 6 questions:
1. Is your "expert" a member of a recognised professional association?
2. Is your "expert" clear about the standards they use and the standards you will need to adhere to?
3. Does your "expert" insist on carbon calculation and reduction before carbon offsetting?
4. Does your "expert" make things easier or more complex for you?
5. Does your "expert" have a track record?
6. Is your "expert" up front about pricing?
Good carbon management is vital to the future of your business and the next generation. There are many good experts out there who can help you so, regardless of whether or not you choose us, we hope you choose someone who can help you make good, informed, data-based decisions.